Skip to content

TVR – some exhausting work whilst waiting for engine parts.

So the engine is out, it only went in for the megasquirt to be fitted, but as always one thing led to another. Whilst its out we checked and it needed a rebuild, finding the old discontinued Omega pistons proved a nightmare, we found one set and rings, but the cost was crazy. So as always I decided to go bigger :). We decided to change the block (I’ll keep the original safe) so we’ve sourced a cross bolted 4.6 block, to which we’ll fit some oversized 96mm pistons, new rods and new top hat liners. Stealth cam kit,  comp head bolts and gaskets, crankshaft space and new bearings along with all the ported and go faster goodies from the 420SE engine and of course the megasquirt should make it quite lively.

Whilst we wait for the parts from V8 Developments in the UK, I’ve taken the opportunity to refresh the suspension with new joints, shocks and polybushes all round. Also had the exhaust manifolds sent off and ceramic coated and a new tailpipe made.

It’s all moving along nicely – as the car should too!

PS – Whilst the engine is out it a good chance to see the radiator solution that sorted the cooling. Good time for some cleaning up too!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: