Skip to content

Beetle, almost on its wheels…

First task is to get the 66 ‘vert on its wheels – I’ve decided to use the 4×130 pattern and disk brakes all round – so despite the Pro Drag box never being used, it had sat outside for a long time, so I sent it and the shafts/hubs for blast and painting. I also had the front hubs I salvaged of another beetle with disk brakes done at the same time. Braided hoses and a new dual circuit master cylinder should take care of the braking.

926fdae1-b753-4038-8ae4-59399786fe5c

Next were the 8 spoke Minilites, – 4 ½ inch up front and 5 ½ inch rears, I’ve had the rims repolished and centres resprayed in a gloss black. Now shod in new tyres these are ready for fitting as soon as the tranny is back and then I can get the car off the dolly. The pic here is pre the refurb. Like many parts of the beetle, including the original 5×205 wheels, these were restored 3-4 years ago, but storage has taken its toll and despite never being used they have been moved about a bit and picked up their fair share of scratches etc. They look a lot better now.

IMG_1819

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: